Ms. Sumaila Naz
In Balochistan Women are ignored in every field of life and women with disabilities are not able to use their right of mobility, accessibility, education, health, employment, devices, marriage, There is almost no social interaction within family and society and socio cultural taboos restrict their equal participation in public life.
Discrimination in quota in Government jobs for women with disabilities. “In Balochistan woman in general lags behind men in all aspects of life and women with disability are doubly deprived.
“We should strongly advocate for the inclusion of issues of women with disabilities and for these to receive atmost priority in program and service development, policy development and legislation, participation in decision making and governance, and resource allocation for women with disabilities .
“We commit ourselves to promote an inclusive, barrier-free and rights-based society for people with disabilities, and in particular for women with disabilities. Following measures are recommended in specific:
- Integration on women with disability aspect in all policies on the provincial and national level.
- Effective implementation of women with disability related sections of CEDAW.
- Social protection measures to be introduced for women with disability, including the launch of District level fund on Critical illnesses as well as social protection.
- Clear policy of Election Commission on facilitation of people with disability to fully use their right to vote and one window operation to facilitate them with CNIC registration (NADRA to provide mobile vans).
- Special measures to protect women with disability from Gender based violence, including a well defined referral mechanism.
- Integration of women with disability aspects in the emergency response and DRR plans.
- The process of getting disability certificate to be made easy.
- Friendly infrastructure for easy access and mobility of people with disability.
Written by: Sumaila Naz